New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania prepares to welcome 2013 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show participants
December 28, 2012
UPDATE! - USA Network and CNBC will be home to The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show presented by Purina® for the 31st consecutive year. CNBC airs exclusive live coverage from Madison Square Garden on Monday, February 11, and USA Network airs exclusive live coverage on Tuesday, February 12.
Monday, February 11
Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups
8-11 p.m. (ET) live on CNBC
Tuesday, February 12
Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups, Best In Show
8-11 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network
The most prestigious dog show in the USA, The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show has jumped into the mobile App world for the 2013 show. The App will be available to the public in time for the expanded 137th Show located at the Piers 92/94 and Madison Square Garden in New York City on February 11th and 12th.
Versatile functionality of the official Westminster App will include:
· LIVE video of all breed judging – previously occurred on 2 hour delay
· Digital Judging Program
· Information on all 187 breeds & 43 judges
· Directions & transportation information
· Piers 92/94 map & directory
· Westminster 101 – history and glossary of dog show terms
· Vendor list & map
App’s features allow show goers and competitors to stay apprised of full results and preliminary breed/category outcomes, LIVE, as they happen.
On February 11th and 12th, the 137th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show will return to New York City.
To celebrate the second largest sporting event in the United States, its new expansion to two different venues (Piers 92/94 and Madison Square Garden), the return of benching and the latest technological features, the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show is hosting its first-ever “All Access” opportunity.
Three attendees will receive exclusive passes, allowing for a special “up close and personal” look at this prestigious event. Now through January 31, 2013 (12PM EST, Friday), anyone who purchased, or will purchase Piers or “Go Anywhere” tickets for the event, will be automatically entered for the chance to win the following VIP package:
· Two passes to the WKC VIP party on Saturday, February 9th at the Piers
· Two passes to the Best in Show After-Party on Tuesday, February 12th
· Meet & Greet with David Frei, Host of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, and Tom Bradley, Chair of the Westminster Kennel
Club Dog Show
· Ticket/seat upgrades
On Monday, February 4, 2013, the winners will be chosen at random and contacted.
FIDO loves a pet friendly hotel AND a top notch dog show - and now you can experience BOTH - get all the details below!
December 21, 2012. (New York City, NY)—Recognized as the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year and host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is preparing to welcome all canine hopefuls participating in the 2013 event. As in previous years, the Hotel will host a majority of the Westminster Dog Show contestants in New York.
The 137th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 11th and 12th, 2013 with only the Breed judging at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged shuttle buses to transport exhibitors and spectators directly from the Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day. The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will still be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across from New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania.
“We are ready to host the VIP’s (Very Important Pooches) for the annual Dog Show given our perfect Westminster location, unbeatable rates and exclusive guest amenities,” said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at the Hotel. “Westminster guests will have a great show in our Lobby alone as they get to see up close all of the different breeds and perhaps even a future Best in Show.”
No one does it better than the Hotel Pennsylvania and the property is known for hosting Westminster champions, including 2008 Best in Show Uno the Beagle, and even the first ever ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremony in 2011. To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of exclusive onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel’s Lobby.
- Hosting the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon & S’paw’ offers a variety of amenities for Show participant: bathing/beauty parlor/salon, dog grooming/comfort station, exercise area, walking area, and even his and hers relieving area.
- Hosting the New York Pet Fashion Show taking place on Friday, February 8th; starting at 7 pm EST.
- Hosting the The American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) & the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) 30th Annual Buffet Reception & Dance (7 pm until midnight EST).
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be working hard to attend to all canine requirements (such as ‘pup’arazzi interviews and hotel tours) related to the Westminster Dog Show.
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S’paw’, will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy, from jewelry to pet clothing.
…and so much more! Visit www.hotelpenn.com for full details.
New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally) or 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com today.
Related blog posts
- The Heathman Hotel Offers Pampered Pooch Package - Destination of the Day
- Hotel Lincoln, Chicago, IL – Property Pick of the Litter
- After a PetVacay at Viceroy Riviera Maya, Fido Will Be Your Best Friend Forever
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts’ Orlando VIP Package Starting at Just $69 per Night - Daily Destination Pick