Sleepypod Brings Crash Protection to Extra Large Dogs
Clickit Sport XL earns the highest possible five star crash test rating from the Center for Pet Safety.
Sleepypod®, a Pasadena-based company known for reinventing pet products through innovative design, today brings crash protection to extra large dogs with Clickit Sport in XL size. Clickit Sport XL addresses the extraordinary challenges of restraining dogs weighing up to 90 pounds. The XL design is the result of a dedicated 3-year engineering effort by Sleepypod’s design team. Read more about Sleepypod’s research and commitment to pet safety at http://sleepypod.com/safety.
Clickit Sport XL is certified by the Center for Pet Safety, earning the highest possible five star crash test rating. It is the only pet harness in the Extra Large 90 lb. category that is certified, meeting the non-profit and research advocacy group’s critical guidelines for safety. Watch the certification crash test at https://www.youtube.com/embed/mmJyzs61Ru4. Information about the Center for Pet Safety’s certification program may be found at http://www.centerforpetsafety.org/manufacturers/cps-certification/.
“Developing a product to safely restrain a 90-pound pet is a significant advancement in auto safety,” says Michael Leung, Sleepypod co-founder and lead product designer. “Loose dogs in autos are hazards for humans and pets. A 90-pound dog can yield up to 2700 pounds of force in a 30 mph collision.”
A patent pending Infinity Loop works in combination with a padded vest to distribute and reduce damaging forces that can cause injury. Clickit Sport’s three points of contact design offers the most advanced pet safety restraint technology.
The three points of contact reduce forward and lateral movement in the event of a collision or sudden stop, protecting a pet from becoming a projectile that can endanger human passengers.
Customers can pre-order Clickit Sport in the XL size from the Sleepypod online store for delivery in late August.
• Three-point design for use in rear passenger seat secures a dog’s entire torso
• Broad, cushioned, energy absorbing vest for safety
• Quick connection and release
• Strength-tested, automotive grade materials
• Suitable for use as a walking harness
• Reflective strips for visibility at night
• Easy clean vest is made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon
• Available colors: Jet Black, Strawberry Red, Orange Dream, Robin Egg Blue
• Size: determined by chest measurement around a dog’s rib cage, just behind the front legs
• XL size: 34.5-40 inches
Pricing and Availability
• Pre-order: beginning July 15, 2015 from Sleepypod’s online store at http://sleepypod.com/shop/
• Shipping: late August 2015
• Manufacturer suggested retail price: $89.99
Busy pet-owner lifestyles demand pet products that are exceptional enough to baby the pets that mean so much to them. Sleepypod understands the importance of pets in their owners’ lives and that’s why safety is Sleepypod’s top priority. To protect the joy of driving with pets, Sleepypod crash tested its entire line of dog safety harnesses and pet carriers at the standard set for child safety restraints. From the BPA-free silicone in Yummy Travel Bowls to the 100 percent organic Little Germs line of cleansers, Sleepypod devotes careful and caring attention to every detail in each product. Bold and innovative, Sleepypod products are clever enough to have won a slew of awards and stacks of praise from veterinarians, pet industry experts and media, even earning a spot in the Metropolitan Home “Design 100” alongside iconic products like the iPhone and the Smartcar. Thoughtful design features transform ordinary pet products from insipid to inspired. Additional information about Sleepypod is available online at http://sleepypod.com. Safe travels.®
Related blog posts
- Personalized Ornaments for FIDO or Friends - Perfect for Gifting!
- PetWell Pet Massagers For FIDO’s Stocking - PROMO CODES TOO!
- Wishes Come True for Animal Welfare Organizations with the Petco Foundation Holiday Wishes Grants
- SURF DOG RICOCHET GOES “BEYOND THE BOARD” TO HELP VETERANS WITH PTSD RECOVER MORE QUICKLY