The Petco Foundation All For Saving Lives Campaign is Here
August 28, 2017 • Health & Wellness
The Petco Foundation kicks off their annual All for Saving Lives campaign with a goal to raise $2.29 million to support lifesaving animal welfare organizations nationwide. The start of this campaign also marks a total of more than $200 million to date invested by the Petco Foundation in lifesaving animal welfare work all across the country.
The campaign, in partnership with the Human Animal Bond Research Institute (HABRI), celebrates the many ways – from improving mental health to keeping us physically fit – that pets change our lives for the better. It also encourages people across the country to save animal lives by making a donation at checkout in a Petco store or online.
Backed by scientific research, HABRI shared five important ways that pets change our lives for the better:
- Pets Keep Us Fit: Pets encourage physical activity, with research showing that people who walk their dogs regularly are less likely to be obese than those who do not.
- Pets Improve Mental Health: Studies have shown that human-animal interaction helps improve psychological wellbeing, decrease social isolation, and promote higher levels of life satisfaction.
- Pets Provide Social Support: According to recent studies, interaction with animals helps children develop improved social skills including improved communication, decreased stress, and positive social interaction with their peers.
- Pets Support Healthier Hearts: Research shows that people with pets are more likely to have lower blood pressure, decreased stress, and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Pets Fight Allergies: Studies show that children exposed to pets early in life will develop stronger immune systems and be less likely to develop allergies as they grow up.
“When you adopt a pet, you know you are saving that pet’s life, but you may not realize just how much that adopted pet can change your life for the better,” said Petco Foundation executive director Susanne Kogut. “The All for Saving Lives campaign is our chance to share and celebrate the amazing ways pets change our lives while raising funds to help the organizations across the country that work so hard to save animal lives.”
“The Petco Foundation is a leading supporter of research that shows how the human-animal bond is good for pets and people,” said HABRI executive director Steven Feldman. “When we learn about the science that shows pets contribute to our health, we have another powerful reason to support pet adoption. The All for Saving Lives Campaign is an amazing way to deliver that message.”
Individuals can support the All for Saving Lives campaign by:
Donating in a Petco and Unleashed by Petco store location or online now through September 10.
Adopting a new family member during the All for Saving Lives Adoption Weekend:
Saturday and Sunday, September 9 -10
All Petco and Unleashed by Petco store locations
To learn more about the Foundation and this lifesaving campaign, visit www.petcofoundation.org/savelives.