Getting Ready for Ski Season with Fido? Check out these great pet-friendly properties
January 04, 2017 • Travel
It's that time of year for fun on the slopes and what better way to enjoy the winter wonderland than by taking FIDO with you!
Here are some great pet friendly options:
Waldorf Astoria Park City: Located in Park City, Utah, Waldorf Astoria Park City is the only luxury hotel property situated at the base of the largest ski resort in the country – Park City Mountain Resort. The mountain-side hotel has 175 rooms & suites that are luxuriously appointed with full kitchens and large private balconies; an award-winning, locally sourced restaurant Powder; a host of new, signature experiences, events & outdoor adventure offerings each season and a 16,000 sq. ft. spa. To compliment abundance of dog-friendly trails and activities in Park City, the Waldorf Astoria “Bark” City offers some of the best in dog-friendly amenities (the hotel even has their own “Director of Pet Relations”). Waldorf Astoria Park City offers the following during a pet’s visit:
- Bowls and dog beds in room when a canine companion is in house
- Homemade dog-treats with the dog’s name specially printed on them
- 25 minutes canine in-room massage for $60 performed our on-property, certified canine masseuse
- The resort welcomes pets with a gift bag containing a Viceroy leash, waste bags, Viceroy bandana, cookie treat and a k9 menu. In the room each dog receives a bed and bowls.
- Not only is the resort dog friendly, but also guests can "borrow a dog for the day” from the Aspen Animal Shelter and have it stay with them at the hotel.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek loves to welcome guests' furry best friend with a bed placed in the room upon arrival, food and water dishes. They also provide a Park Hyatt Beaver Creek leash and toy that guests can take home with them.
- The surrounding area offers plentiful outdoor recreation options for the ultimate dog fitness program in a scenic setting including hiking trails, bike paths and dog-friendly parks; their concierge can give you the best places to take your pooch for day hikes, dog-friendly patios, etc. around the resort
- You’ll often see your pooch with the staff at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek taking him for a walk or just hanging out behind the concierge desk while their owners are busy enjoying their vacation on the mountains.
- The resort welcomes pets under 50 lbs.
In-room pet amenities include: dog bed, assorted toys
- Guests are limited to no more than 2 housebroken dogs at any time
- Pets must not exceed 50 lbs. each.
- Hotels will charge a Non-Refundable cleaning fee of $150 USD for the 1st pet. If there are two pets (maximum) in the room, an additional Non Refundable fee of $50 USD will be charged.